A Pilonidal sinus also called Pilonidal cyst, Pilonidal abcess or Sacrococcygeal fistula is a cyst (small sac) or tunnel in the skin. It develops over the tailbone at the top of the cleft of the buttocks. The cyst usually contains hair and skin debris. More than one cyst may develop and these are linked by tunnels under the skin.
- Recurring episodes of pain or swelling in the area of the tailbone.
- Yellowish pus-like or bloody discharge from the tailbone area which may be foul smelling
- Painful lump under the skin in that area
- Certain activities like riding a bicycle, doing sit-ups may be very uncomfortable.
- More common in males
- Sedentary lifesty
- People who sit for long hours at a stretch
- Thick body hair especially those that are coarse and curly
- Previous injury in the area
- Family history of Pilonidal sinus
Surgical Treatment We Don’t Follow
- Z Plasty
- Result- Recurrence is Common
Advanced Technology Which We Follow
- By laser
- By laser
- No Recurrence, No Hospital Stay, NO blood, No Pain & No Scar Patient is Ambulatory